Monday, February 14, 2011

BIG. LOVE.

I woke up this morning, ready to tell Apes all about the weird and disturbing dream I had.

She'd invited Tila Tequila to be the "third" in our relationship and it just wasn't working for me.

I started to explain my dismay that she'd pick Tila over Jennifer Nettles or Mariska Hargitay when she hollered back from downstairs: "Hey, babe, I really want to hear all about it, but I'm late for work. Tell me tonight?"

When I finally got out of bed a half hour later, I realized why she was running late:




Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

...and my last card...a homeade card....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

For those wondering what kind of Valentine's Day cards April bought....you shouldn't be surprised by the theme:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They even came with temporary tattoos - and who doesn't want their significant other covered in soccer balls, footballs and baseballs on a day of love?

I actually love the cards, especially given we just had a discussion about kid's Valentine's Day cards. I used to pick out Princess cards and April picked sports or Spiderman cards every time.

So, see, they were perfect.

I have a little surprise of my own for April. She'll find it the second she opens her car door at work :)

5 comments:

Angie said...

Awww....Very Sweet!!!

LilliGirl said...

awesome - tell us what you did...Day's over!

Mike S said...

I see why you love Apes so very much:-)
Mariska would've been my choice.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

So cute! It was worth being late for work.

Lisa McGlaun said...

Very cool. Don't you love it when the person you love does things like that? Makes life worthwile!